A little more time....
Sometimes you are struggling to come up with new ideas while running out of time; occasionally, you have too many ideas and too little time, especially when you have a fabulous collection of dies to work with like this Wildflower set from Tim Holtz .
The dies I have used today are.....
- Sizzix Thinlits Set 7PK - Wildflowers by Tim Holtz (661190)
- Sizzix Framelits Set 8PK - Circles (657551)
Here are the dies and I know they don't look like much at the moment but there are so many possibilities to explore, I made all seven cards this morning and if I had more time at my disposal I would have happily made 70! I started by cutting three blank olive green cards ready to dress.
And here are the results, just simple dark blue die-cuts and stamped sentiments.
For the next card I used low tack sticky tape to mask off a strip on the front of my ivory base card before applying some Distress Ink to mimic the colours of sunrise which I masked off before spritzing with water to get a mottled effect.
Here is the finished card with a dark brown die-cut flower added together with a stamped sentiment.
Next up, I attached a rectangle of hessian to the face of a small white base card.
Ivory flower, string tied in a bow and a stamped sentiment trimmed into a banner....easy!
For the next card I die-cut several flowers in my chosen colour palette before attaching them to a rectangle of white card and trimmed it to size. I matted the rectangle onto olive card before attaching to a larger white rectangle.
I rounded off the corners and matted the rectangle onto an olive card before stamping the word 'shine' onto white card and cropping with a Framelits circle. I matted the white circle onto and olive circle before attaching to the base card using adhesive foam pads.
For the final card I took a rectangle of white card and applied several shades of Distress Ink before spritzing with clean water to get that lovely mottled effect again. Once dry, I then die-cut the flower from the card.
I stamped the background text and sentiment onto the base card in two shades of grey ink before attaching the flower and I added a few adhesive pearls for decoration.
Great dies, simple cards...'nuff said!